About Me

My photo
I'm a 9th year teacher with lots of heart and passion for my job!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

10 Questions

I am so thankful this week.

The past few weeks have been such a roller coaster of emotions. About 3 weeks ago I interviewed for a job at my district. I was really hoping for the Kindergarten position, but would be happy to accept whatever (there was also a 4th and a 6th opening). Walking into the interview room was sooo nerve wrecking!

I have worked in the district for 5 years and know most of the administrators in the interview panel. I felt so much pressure to do well for my Principal who has invested so much and has placed so much trust in me. I certainly did not want to disappoint her. 

The interview flowed like a fast paced dream. I answered the questions and I was sure I spoke supernaturally fast. I laughed and made small jokes, but was super nervous on the inside. It went faster and quicker than I imagined. 

I can only remember a few questions:
  • What educational and professional experiences  make you well prepared for the position? 
  • How would you incorporate technology in the classroom? 
  • What would your previous or current parents and colleagues say about you? 
  • What fictional character do you best identify with and why? 
  • How have you prepared to teach to the new Common Core Standards? 
  • Is there anything else you would like the panel to know? 
    • (there were 4 others that I simply cannot remember)
The answers flowed out of my mouth and I couldn't really remember much of what I answered. I do know that I prayed all the way there and I'm sure God had all to do with whatever it was I said. 

The next day as I was teaching a group of 1st graders math, I heard my cell phone ring, but obviously did not answer. Next thing, I hear the class phone ring (which is a miracle because it normally doesn't work) and it was our school secretary asking me if I could take a call from our Assistant Superintendent. Uhhhh....YES! 
She offers me the job and said other things I can't remember, I was super blessed and excited. 

So now here I am waiting to go decorate my new classroom after meeting my new Kindergartners I cannot wait to get started!!! 

God is good and I cannot thank him enough for the lovely support and way in which he works his blessings into my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment